The Bose ProFlight Aviation Headset is the industry’s smallest, quietest and most comfortable active noise cancelling communication headset. Pilots of moderately noisy aircraft, such as pressurized jets, will now experience the Bose clarity they expect, along with reliable, individualized performance and a new level of comfort for extended flights. The ProFlight is specifically designed with airline and professional pilots in mind.
The ProFlight Aviation Headset features three levels of user selectable active noise cancellation, active equalization to improve intelligibility of incoming transmissions, a noise cancelling microphone for clearer outgoing transmissions, talk-through tap control for communication with those outside the intercom and full function Bluetooth® connectivity with smartphones, tablets or EFBs.
- Improved comfort for hours of use, achieved through choice of materials, distribution of weight, low clamping force and dedicated left and right earbuds – all without sacrificing stability.
- Incredibly small and lightweight (139 g / 4.9 oz on-head).
- Electret noise cancelling microphone for clear transmissions.
- Audio optimized with active equalization for enhanced communications with or without an intercom or hot mic system.
- Three unique levels of user selectable acoustic noise cancelling providing users with a range of noise reduction to meet their needs in multiple scenarios.
- Tap control for talk-through communication.
- Bluetooth® capable for wireless audio connections to EFBs and mobile phones, with audio prioritization to mix or mute wireless audio with intercom transmissions.
- Bypass communications mode provides primary ICS audio with or without power to the headset.
- Built to latest ARINC standards and FAA TSO and EASA E/TSO-C139a certified.
- Auto-off: All configurations of the ProFlight Headset feature auto-off technology which powers down the headset when not in use and saves battery life.
- Side-swappable boom microphone and down cable, no tool required.
- Durable and robust design made to endure the wear and tear of everyday use in tough environments.
- Auto-on: Certain configurations of the ProFlight Headset will turn on automatically when the avionics master switch is in the on position, using the ship’s power to operate.
|Dimensions||21.4 × 16.1 × 8 cm|
92dB SPL measure at 1 mW input signal, 1 kHz, in Mono mode
Monaural mode: 300 Ohm ON and OFF
RTCA-214a range: 300 to 3500Hz
|Boom microphone sensitivity||
-27dBV (+/- 2.5dB) at 94dB SPL (1 Pa), measured at 6mm distance from artificial mouth, across 220 Ohms load resistor and biased with 12 Vdc via 470 Ohms resistor.
|Boom microphone bias||
Operating bias voltage range: 4 to 28 VDC.
|Maximum ambient noise level||
105 dBC SPL for full active noise reduction performance
|Battery power source||
Two (2) AA alkaline batteries
45 hours in typical commercial jet aircraft noise. Duration varies with battery age, ambient noise levels, temperature, ear tip condition, and use of the Bluetooth® feature.
|Aircraft power source||
Aircraft power voltage range: 10 to 32 VDC
|Average power consumption||
1/4 amp, fast-blow fuse (AGC 1/4 amp fuse) or 1/2 amp circuit breaker
|Temperature and Altitude (Category A)||
Operating: -15 to 70°C (5 to 158°F)
|Bluetooth® wireless technology||